Champion's League: Quarterfinals announced!

The draw for the quarterfinals of the Champion's League was announced a few days ago.






I cannot believe Barça drew Arsenal. That was my dream final, possibly my top two favorite teams in the world. The movement of both teams is incredible, and both teams' stars and role players are coming to form near the end of the season. Hopefully Xavi can pick it up and hold down the middle third for Barcelona. In any case, these two games should be an ideal example of slick, cute, and beautiful football. I'll call Barça winning, but only by the fact that they have a better chance of scoring at Emirates than Arsenal at Camp Nou. I cannot wait!


I don't think that two French teams have ever made it to the final 8, so playing each other is quite unfortunate, but at least either Bordeaux or Lyon will make it to the final four. Lyon's ability to shut down a read hot Madrid showed me that team play and smart spacing can really take a team to any level. I've only watched Bordeaux and Lille with any sort of regularity this season, so I am not sure who to pick. Bordeaux won the only meeting this season 1-0, so it should be a fun few matches, and a guaranteed amazing atmosphere.


I really think Inter drawing CSKA Moscow is a godsend for them, mainly because they have been scraping by in Serie A and may possibly end up blowing a huge lead in the league tables. If the Russians get the oh-so-important away goal though, I think anything can happen (and I do mean anything, as this March Madness is really nailing the nail on the head for me right now).


Bayern Munich vs. Manchester United seems like a classic powerhouse matchup, but I really don't think this will be close. Man-U is playing beautiful one-touch football at the moment, covering what seems like 90% of the field in build-up to each goal. The Germans just snuck by last round, and I honest think the only way Bayern can get through will be if the Red Devils don't capitalize on their opportunities. Rooney is.... so hot right now, hahaa... except for that one guy... what's his name? Oh ya, MESSI!


5 goals in last 2 games. I wasn't really disappointed when I heard he was sitting out the next La Liga match with Zaragoza due to a toothache, but my friend's who still consider soccer players as "grass ferries" or "pussies" let me hear it. In any case, it's Zaragoza, so... no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment