"minority" national teams

Athletic Bilbao was really impressing me today against Valladolid. They were using 100% of the pitch and the passes just kept connecting. I knew that every player on Athletic Bilbao is from the Basque country, but I always wanted to know if their was an actual national team for País Vasco. Well, they do! However, they have no association with FIFA or UEFA. I've heard of Monaco's "national" team before too. Apparently think is the same situation for the Catalonian team, which, might I add, would be stellar (check out the current squad)!! Another place where I feel that culture has developed into something different enough from it's country's norm is Bavaria, but they don't have a team. Around that same area, Milan might have a good scream for a Milanese team.

No comments:

Post a Comment