ridiculous negation rooting the humor

I love the show Trailer Park Boys. The storylines are fast-paced with horseshit scheming that allows them to live. I absolutely love it. This is the episode where Barb gets a secret admirer and thinks it's Julian. All of the jokes are rooted in the word not, along with many other words that negate. It was humorous because Sam and Barb were saying the double- and triple-negated sentences that sounded like, well, desperate and almost funny/pathetic lower class Canadian English. They always sound like they have frustration, annoyance or depression in their tone, as daily life in the trailer park offers no alternatives. There are many high times though with lots of great friendships. But anyways, these were things that were literally said, to my most accurate effect:


I don’t know what you’re talking about ||| I can’t not be with a girl like you. ||| I can’t do this without bein stoned. ||| It’s not for me, it’s for him. ||| I don’t like you not being drunk all the time. ||| The caveman a l w a y s wins!



Check out the always runnin' JustinTV channel or it's IMDB, it's quite a show...


No comments:

Post a Comment