thank you, twitter

I really just want to say thank you to Twitter. Every time anything feels worthy, be it an event, picturesque moment, score, information exchange, thought or feeling, I approach my documentation of that (a tweet) in different ways. Orthography corresponds to tone, which in English corresponds to difference in meaning. Punctuation (? ! :-) :-( ;-), or what have you), and actually also orthography, in frequency and placement, corresponds to many things. For a lot of tweeters: amount of emotion, exclamation, and irony, among others.


In the process of these decisions I must make during the creation of each tweet, I spend a lot of time thinking about how I'm setting the context of what I am saying. This process takes from no time to a whole lot of it. Sometimes, it is instantaneous, to the point that I have tweeted three times, only due to my urgency resulting in spelling mistakes (again, sorry for all y'all getting all 3 of those texts @elewaniii). On the other hand, I 've at times spent several minutes thinking of the manner in which I want to express something that is incredibly big news. I have even thought how I will (not would, will) tweet when I have a child, get engaged, move around the world and even about the deaths of others. I sometimes try to create the mental representation of the ideal arrangement of characters that would result in the best tweet for that situation. I take in reference the frame of the others that this would affect & how much it would affect them.

That hopefully not sounding like a ridiculous case of social paranoia, I find it very mentally stimulating from a linguistic standpoint. Questions that start with and involve, for instance, if --> then, what if, how would & would it really do provoke one to (most of the time subliminally) reference syntax, semantics, pragmatics (and I guess therefore semiotics), morphology, and even phonology if the tweet literally becomes vocal (like mine do especially with other languages). Bringing these mental processes to the conscious or perceptable levels rather than just doing them from the subliminal is, for me, at least, very undoubtedly fun, interesting, hypothetically intriguing and like i said, stimulating.

La lingua twittera is something that could not have a particular grammar due to it's great application to ALL languages, but offers its users an incredible amount of variance in ability to tweet what one desires to communicate. Is there a book on this? No no... should there be a book on that? Um, DEFinitely.


Thank you Twitter,


@rplatz

No comments:

Post a Comment